1. In these conditions of sale, “ The Company “ means Colne Valley Windows whose office is at Unit 20 Riverside Business Park, Station Road, Earls Colne, CO6 2ER “ The Customer “ means the person, firm or company from whom an order is accepted by the Company. “ Goods “ means goods or services which are subject of such an order be it placed verbally or in writing.
2. The customer agrees to purchase and have installed the Goods as specified in the form of an order.
3. Orders are individually manufactured and any Goods not used in their intended location in the Customers premises cannot be credited against the contract price.
4. All prices are subject to VAT at the current rate at the time of invoicing.
5. The total outstanding balance is payable immediately after the Goods have been properly installed or delivered in accordance with the terms of the contract.
Any outstanding balances not paid in full by the Customer on the completion date of the installation will be compounded at a monthly interest rate of 2.5%.
6. This order is accepted by the Company subject to a final technical survey. The Company reserves the right to cancel this order in the event that the surveyor is not
entirely happy that the Company can fulfil its obligation to the Customer within the contract price. In this event, any deposit or monies in respect of the contract will be refunded in full by the Company.
7. The Customer hereby acknowledges that the items and diagrams in this contract have been checked and are correct. Risk shall pass to the customer when Goods have
been installed by the Company.
8. Notwithstanding that the risk in the Goods has passed to the Customer, the ownership of the Goods shall remain with the Company which reserves the right to
possession and to dispose of the goods until such time that the payment has been received in full by the Company and cleared through the Companies bank account.
9. The Customer agrees to permit access to the Company, its servants and workmen to the installation address at all reasonable times in order that the Company may carry out the works scheduled. If, within 28 days of being advised that the Company is ready to install, the Customer has not agreed to an installation date, the
balance of the product supply cost becomes payable.
10. The Customer will provide the free use of a reasonable amount of water and electricity.
11. The Company will take all reasonable care of the Customers property when carrying out the work but cannot accept liability for damage or redecoration.
12. The contract price does not include for the repair or replacement of any rotten timber, defective lintels, hidden services or hazardous materials such as asbestos
found during the course of carrying out the works or for the repair otherwise of any structural defects unless such work is specified in the schedule of work.
Any such work found to be necessary will be brought to the attention of the Customer and will be subject to a separate quotation.
13. The Company does not undertake to move services, fixtures or fittings which are ancillary to the basic structure of the property, e.g. radiators, pipes, electricity,
telephone or television cables and the Customer shall remove all household fixtures, including curtains, nets and blinds, before the installation is due to
14. The Company does not take any responsibility for damage caused to any of the above if not removed by the customer whilst work is executed. The Company reserves the right to charge for wasted time if it is unable to carry out work due to site specific restrictions/conditions.
15. No undertaking can be given that the Customers existing doors, windows and/or frames can be removed so as to be fit for re-use or any other purpose and they will
be removed from the site and disposed of unless the customer instructs the installer to leave them. Every effort will be made to protect and clean working areas as best
as practicable, but the Company cannot be held responsible for small fragments / splinters / particles, which may still be present.
16. The Company reserves the right to make minor variations in the specification of any of its products at its discretion and without prior notice to the Customer, in
keeping with the Company`s policy of continuous development and improvement.
17. It should be clearly understood that no alteration or cancellation of the order, if signed by the Customer “ subject to Building Society / Bank / Finance Company
approval “ can be made, unless written confirmation of the refusal of finance received from the Building Society / Bank / Finance Company concerned is
provided to the Company. At that time , this contract will be deemed null and void and any deposit which has been paid will be returned to the Customer.
18. The delivery or installation period quoted is that anticipated at the time of the order and will be improved on if possible. However the Company will not be responsible for any delay in the delivery or installation caused by strikes / lock outs or any other circumstance beyond the Company`s control.
19. Any claim for compensation will be limited to the value of the order.
20. The Company does not claim or guarantee that its products eliminate or even reduce incidence of condensation.
21. The Company will repair or replace all goods which are or become defective by reason of faulty materials or workmanship in line with our written guarantee.
22. The Customer should ensure that any representation or promise made before or at the time of signature to the contract not included in the printed form of the
contract is added in writing on the face of the contract and is signed by both the Customer and the Company or its agent. In this way, there will be no doubt as to
the terms of the representation or promise.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted as excluding or restricting the statutory rights of the Customer.
24. The formation, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by English Law.
Notice of Right to Cancel ( 14 Day Cooling off Period )
As the customer, you have a legal right to cancel your contract, with no penalty with Colne Valley Windows
As such, a 14 day cooling off period shall apply to this contract.
Please Note – You may be required to pay for the Goods/Services supplied if the performance of the contract has already begun prior to the expiry of the
Your notice of cancellation shall be deemed to be served to, or posted to Colne Valley Windows on the date it was sent.
You can also cancel this contract by e.mail to Colne Valley Windows at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also cancel this contract by sending the slip below to The Company at Unit 20 Riverside Business Park, Station Road, Earls Colne, CO6 2ER